Unspoken
For many years, I have held onto the weight of my biological family, not sure whether to let go- how to let go- or how to face it. Part of me was convinced that I was okay with being adopted. That I loved the life and person I had become as a result of being adopted. That I was able to manage the fact that I had two families, two mothers, multiple sisters and brothers- only one of which I had ever actually met. I had perpetuated a relationship with them over facebook, conversation and even visits as though they had never 'given me up' and I was raised in an entirely different world from them. I had defended my relationship with them to anybody who felt I should have let them go. I guarded what I had with them... because I was so afraid that giving them up... would mean giving up a piece of me. So, I went about my life living parallel to them- never truly intersecting... only watching and waiting for the other to make the move...
The issue of my biological family has finally reared it's head and demanded it be dealt with. My husband forced their hand. Called them out and they retaliated with all the fury and vigor I had come to recognize as my own... But instead of feeling relieved at their defense of our family... our secret... our unspoken tragedy from all those years ago- I lashed back in defense of my husband. How dare they step to him- how could they? Without even coming to me first? I was outraged... So I tore at them- ripped away the facade that I had allow to exist between us and confronted them with the cold hard facts of all that I had been struggling with- all that I constantly torture myself with every single moment of every single day... Anything that I had ever harbored toward them
I have struggled with being adopted for my entire life. This is perhaps due to the fact that I have known for as long as I can recall conscious thought- that I was adopted. Not only that I was adopted- but that my biological family was still out there... waiting for me some how. This forced a sort of baseless fantasy that they still wanted me- that I was never supposed to be with the family that I was living with- that I had been adopted by. Never mind the fact that I was not mistreated, neglected, or wanted for anything deemed necessary to the health and well-being of a child as determined by social services. I was not unloved- per se- and perhaps, I would have allowed myself to be feel more loved by my adoptive mother- had I not always had this secret nagging that I was merely waiting for my real family to bring me back home to them.

7 Comments:
Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website.
It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's very
hard to
get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appeal.
I must say that you've done a awesome job with this.
Additionally, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Internet explorer.
Superb Blog!
My blog post; horse stall mats for home gym
I seriously love your blog.. Great colors &
theme. Did you develop this site yourself?
Please reply back as I'm wanting to create my very own site and want to learn where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called. Many thanks!
my website :: garage rubber floor tiles
Hi, I do think this
is a great website. I stumbledupon it ;) I will come back
once again since i have bookmarked it. Money and freedom
is the greatest way to change, may you be
rich and continue to help others.
Here is my blog post; CrossFit flooring
I truly appreciate all the feedback. You can click the link below to email directly. I did most of the formatting via word and just copy and pasted. otherwise my email is chozieann@gmail.com
Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?
Review my web page ... CrossFit rubber mats
Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks?
If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you
can recommend? I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any help is very much appreciated.
Here is my web blog :: horse stall mats CrossFit
It's appropriate time to make some plans for the
longer term and it's time to be happy. I've read this submit and
if I may just I wish to recommend you few fascinating issues or advice.
Maybe you could write subsequent articles regarding this article.
I want to learn more things approximately it!
My page; dating sites reviews
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home